Saturday, April 08, 2006

Gifts



At the hospital I presented my wife with a bunch of six irises that I had bought on my way in, a selection of women's magazines and a bottle of her favourite juice, apple & blackcurrant.
Ashen faced she beckoned for me to place them onto the side table whilst she pulled up her bedclothes and laid her head back onto the pillow. She looked like 'death warmed up' and did not appear to welcome my conversation opener of: "How are you feeling?"....

"What the f**k do you think?" she snapped back! - A nurse entered and took away the still warm dish of vomit.

The anaesthetic which they had used on her during the operation had made her feel extremely unwell. I sympathised with her. She had thought, as did I, that her recovery would be relatively quick and painless. The nausea continued for the next 12 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counters
Click here for a free web site hit counter .